Saturday, December 20, 2008

And to all a good night

I am finally, finally done with exams for the semester.  I actually ended up doing quite well, so I was pleased.  I have yet to convince my brain that I am finished, though--I keep waking up in the morning feeling like there's something I should be doing.  It's amazing how exhausted you can be without realizing it.  I finally get to relax and now all I want to do is sleep.  It's been quite lovely, however, to spend a couple of days doing some shopping, first with D, then today with my mom and sisters.  There are gifts wrapped under our tree and it makes me feel all full of Christmas cheer.  My dog and myself are curled up on the couch watching romantic movies and in the next two days I will celebrate six months of marriage and three months of sobriety for D.  

Sometimes, life just works.  Here's hoping that everyone out there can find such a little piece of joy this season.  

1 comment:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Sending you good wishes for a Merry Christmas.