With this newfound idea to go on, I've also decided that in order to keep the focus on me, I'm going to try to start keeping this blog more about me and what I'm doing rather than just ranting about D all the time. Whatever problems we have, I can only work on mine, anyway--and when I do, things seem to go so much better with him and with us as well. So to start making this place a little more "me-centric," here is an interesting little meme I picked up from a friend.
10 things you don't know about me:
Note: I don't do memes, really...none of the whole "tagging" other people and such. But I thought this was fun, so feel free to do it if you wish as well. The point is just to let people know 10 things about you that they probably otherwise wouldn't know, or that might be interesting or different or odd.
1. I am addicted to Harry Potter, and I just got turned on to the new Twilight books. While I don't think they're quite as good writing-wise, the story is interesting and quite addictive when the alternative is studying. This is a bad, bad thing to happen the week before finals.
2. I love the beach. The smell of sunscreen is one of the happiest smells on earth.
3. My house is perpetually covered in dog fur, and while I am a neat freak, I often cannot bring myself to haul out the vacuum to solve the problem.
4. Christmas is my favorite season. I would listen to carols year round if it wouldn't annoy everyone else around me.
5. I hate bananas.
6. I love photography.
7. I'm a closet nerd. I play video games, love science fiction, and probably would have been an astrophysicist if I didn't pick my chosen line of study.
8. I love snow, but hate the cold. I really wish I had a fireplace, because my heating bills kill me whenever the temperature drops below 60 degrees.
9. I used to have a life goal to travel to every continent before I was 30. I still want to do it--but the age range has lengthened. Only two have been checked off the list so far.
10. Blood, guts, death, gore and destruction do not and have never freaked me out in the slightest, but I am paralyzed by the sight of the tiniest spider on my bedroom ceiling.
So there's a little bit about the me that I'm trying to get to know a little bit better. For now, that me better start actually doing some work.