Saturday, June 20, 2009

Celebrating

We are celebrating our first wedding anniversary today.  It's not actually our anniversary--that's later in the week--but since we are both off work today we are taking the time to go out to a nice dinner tonight and be together all day.  

It's been a good year. Last September I wasn't sure if we would make it.  Today I could not be happier about the results of almost 9 months of recovery and the people we are both becoming.  It hasn't been easy--in fact, at times it has been maddening--but I look at where we are today and I am grateful for everything that has happened, for the relationship we are building that is finally the one I thought we would have from the beginning.  I am grateful for my higher power who has helped me become the person I envisioned myself to be.  

Happy anniversary to us. 

2 comments:

Novice said...

Happy anniversary to you! Our relationships get so much better when honesty and real intimacy becomes part of the equation. You've been through so much. Here's to ongoing recovery!

Enigma said...

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many, many more wonderful years to come!