In conjunction with the perfection topic, another recent meeting focused on something similar, but far more difficult--loving ourselves. Rethinking "perfection" as accepting who we are and where we are right now. And in a recent meeting this spread into a topic of listing 5 things you liked about yourself. Now for me, the ultimate perfectionist, I have an incredibly easy time telling you every single thing that's wrong with me--my flaws, imperfections, problems, qualities I lack. Coming up with 5 things I like was actually more of a challenge than I thought it would be...but here they are.
- I love my eyes. I love their color, their depth, and I think they really are (more than for others) a window to my soul.
- I love my intelligence and the places it's taking me.
- I love my athleticism and the fact that I can still do a lot of my old moves.
- I love the attitude I get when I dress up in heels and mascara and walk confidently into a room--for whatever reason.
- I love the part of me that is developing into a more confident and content person.
It is so warm today that I'm not going to waste one more minute sitting inside on a computer--heading out to the deck for some sunshine. Happy Friday, everyone!