Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Waiting

We are waiting today to find out if D will get the promotion he interviewed for yesterday.  Every time the phone rings both of us are jumpy.  This is his third shot since February, and he is nervous because the past two times he has been told that he had the best qualifications, the best interview, but he was not offered the position.  Each time this has happened, my heart breaks for him because he is trying so hard--it's one of the most significantly noticable changes that have taken place in him since he started recovery.  He is on time, motivated, hard working, and brilliantly creative--and has turned each previous rejection into a way for him to improve so that he has a better shot next time.  I know that things will work out the way they are meant to, but I can't help but hope that this is his shot--not only for us (because we could use the extra money) but for him--to give him a sense that all this hard work is not for nothing.  

1 comment:

Wait. What? said...

I know how this feels - wanting so bad for another person's success - I will keep my fingers crossed for you and him - I hope he gets it. It sounds like you both could use a boost of good news!